Need stress relief today? Of course, who doesn’t? When we’re in the thick of it, sometimes it can be hard to find healthy ways to relieve our stress. Sometimes having tips and tricks right at hand is useful. Here are 25 tips to relax and unwind from the everyday busyness that life can bring us!
How Can Home Care Companions Help?
- Go to a quiet place and just breathe
- Step outside and get fresh air
- Sing your favorite song
- Fill up your water bottle
- Eat a piece of fruit or chocolate
- Close your eyes and think of all the people in your life you’re grateful for
- Listen to relaxing music
- Scroll through your social media account and stay connected
- Stretch, or do your favorite yoga pose
- Put your feet up
- Call your favorite pick-me-up person
- Donate blood; this helps someone else and give yourself a break, too
- Go for a drive
- Spend time with your pet
- Look up at the stars
- Take a walk outside in nature
- Shop at your favorite stores
- Read your favorite book
- Get a massage
- Shut down your computer, and unplug (after you catch up on your favorite blogs)
- Sleep in, or enjoy a nap
- Enjoy a hot cup of coffee in your favorite chair
- Binge-watch your favorite shows
- Do a puzzle
If you’re experiencing stress as a caregiver, first of all, high-five to you for being a caregiver! Caregiving is both rewarding and challenging work.
Without support, caregiving can have negative outcomes. It’s important to take time to recharge our batteries, so we can keep being good caregivers to those we love. If your family, friends, and neighbors are able to step in to help, even short-term, take them up on it. Even an hour of self-care each day can be helpful for caregivers.
“Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.’”
— L.R. Knost
If you’re experiencing unmanageable stress or adverse health while caring for a senior loved one, please consider asking for some additional support. Extra help will not only help you as a caregiver, but it may help your senior loved one stay safe at home longer. If you don’t have help available from family or friends, and you’re in need of a little rest and relaxation, Home Care Companions has the support available. We offer homemaking services, companion care, personal care services, errand running, and appointment coordination. We work hard to match our caregivers with clients so that when they need help at home, they’re excited about their caregiver coming in to help. Reach out to us today at 888.717.0434 or by email at email@example.com to let your batteries re-charge.